Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year/New Decade

2010! Twenty Ten!! I can't believe the new year and decade have arrived. All last year, being as bad as it was, I was practically 'craving' for this year to get here and now it is upon me. 2000 sounded kind of futuristic but 2010 sounds so much more. Maybe it's because of that movie I saw when I was in high school so many years ago. I put a statement of my wishes for the coming decade in Facebook and got a few responses. I mainly want a new peace movement to take hold and all the divisions that have been so prevalent to go away if possible. Maybe we need something really big to bring us together, but hopefully not some disaster like 9/11 or Katrina. It would be nice for something good to happen and bring us together for a change. For my first weekend of the the decade, I stayed in my house the whole time like it was a cave, stayed on the couch hanging out with Mollie and only venturing out once to get a burger and run some errands Saturday evening. It started with a quiet New Year's Eve at the Humphries. Russell came over for the Sugar Bowl on New Year's Day evening and I had a 'Lord of the Rings' fest on Saturday. I spent the rest of the time watching football DVD's of the old Super Bowls year by year. The last week of the 2009 NFL season was pretty good with Dallas shutting out Philadelphia and not only getting into the playoffs but winning the NFC East division! Texas plays Alabama in the BCS Championship this coming Thursday. I'm looking forward to start work on myself and get my life rolling down it's new path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, but if you wanna be ugly, don't because there's enough of that in the world. Please try and be constructive and the same courtesy will be returned.