Thursday, December 17, 2009

Health Bill Strategy

Well, the Republicans don't have enough to filibuster the health plan in the Senate, but they've got a new strategy, go to every single Democrat that should be a Republican and get them to get something else dropped when it seems everyone is appeased. This way they can either just keep going on and on 'like' a filibuster OR the piece of legislation that's eventually passed is completely worthless. Of course, if the Democrats would actually all stand together for once like the Republicans do just about every time then the original bill might have been passed the way it was in the House. Oh, and don't get me started on 'Droopy Dog' Lieberman. What a publicity 'hound'. I can't believe this douche was almost Vice President. My friend said the other day maybe he got on the ticket to ensure that Gore ended up losing in the end. This wouldn't surprise me now seeing the way he is. I think it was more something akin to realizing for the next four to eight years the Republicans would be in charge so he shapeshifted on key. I used to pride myself on how the Dems didn't all automatically agree with each other like the Starship Trooper robots on the other side, but now I'm beginning to wonder because the current strategy should hardly be called one. I'm starting to feel itchy like during the Carter years all over again, and I like Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, but if you wanna be ugly, don't because there's enough of that in the world. Please try and be constructive and the same courtesy will be returned.