Saturday, December 19, 2009

State Farm

Customer service, I've been doing it for twenty years now and I think I know the meaning of good and bad versions of it. I've been with State Farm for ten years now, since moving to the Austin area, and I personally only had one fender bender to report for myself (Jena had a couple of incidents but nothing major) and the bill was ALWAYS paid on time. I would think that this would classify me as a good or coveted customer especially in times like these. Apparently this is not the case with State Farm. With all the crazy shit that went on this year, Jena and I contacted them to get split up on our policy. They actually told us this was difficult for this and that reason (you would think they just had to click a few buttons and it would be done and it wasn't like this was some alien request) so we waited, but this summer we called back and said we needed to go ahead and get separate policies. They split us into two policies and Jena has had her own policy with the Dodge truck on it that she's been paying on since then with no problems. I on the other hand started having problems in October when my bill came with Jena's truck back on my policy. I got the bill on the weekend, so I called the office (no 800 number that you can call whenever!) and left a voice mail about it. I never got called the following Monday so I called and the person I talked to said she's already taken care of it! Was she going to call me and tell me that? She acted like she could give a rat's ass about the whole thing and didn't apologize once. She didn't even tell me what I really owed just for my car, I had to ask her. It was $102 so I paid that and figured we were finished. Then, in November I get my bill and there's Jena's truck again AND a warning that I was late because I didn't pay the entire payment the last time! I left a voice mail again, and this time I said if this didn't get resolved I'd be looking for a new insurer. Well, apparently this didn't mean shit to them because I never got a call back. I paid the $102 just in case so I at least covered my car. Since Jena had been paying with her policy they were in essence asking us to pay for the fucking truck twice! And not once did any research occur on their side or was the issue really resolved like that twit said it was. The proverbial 'straw' landed yesterday when I got my most recent bill from them and it was a CANCELLATION NOTICE due to non-payment!!! I left a pretty nasty voice mail, sent an email directly to the agent saying all this that had happened and that I wanted to be contacted BY PHONE on Monday. I also called Geico, whom I have renter's insurance with and who quickly took care of me after the robbery, and set up auto with them. When I hear from SF on Monday I'll make sure that there's no cancellations on the my record and everything is really fixed, then I'll drop the Geico bomb on them and let them know that I will be telling everyone I know about what happened and even try and get Jena to move away from them. The first rule of customer service is a happy customer will tell ten people about it but a pissed customer will tell ten times that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, but if you wanna be ugly, don't because there's enough of that in the world. Please try and be constructive and the same courtesy will be returned.